Pattaya is a city on Thailand’s eastern Gulf coast known for its beaches and nightlife. A quiet fishing village in the 1960s, it’s now home to several resort hotels, shopping malls, go-go bars, and nightclubs. The area also boasts several designer golf courses, some with views of Pattaya Bay. In just less than 2-hours from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, you can be in one of Thailand’s most exciting cities.
The Sanctuary of Truth
Just to the south of the city center is the Sanctuary of Truth, built entirely by wooden hand-carvings, this 20-story complex is an incredible attraction. The temple itself, which is not yet complete, was the vision of a local businessman by the name of Lek Viriyaphan in 1981. The vision for this ornate concept is to show that all religions lead to one divine truth. The scheduled completion date is 2050.
Well-known for sex tourism, one of the most popular attractions for single men visiting this port-side city is the Walking Street. Notable for its neon signage this entertainment and red-light district is home to several go-go bars, massage parlors, and cabarets. This street is the reason that so many expats, who enjoy the hedonistic way of life, call Pattaya home.
Pattaya is blessed with gorgeous, sun-drenched beaches that spraw the entire 4klm length of Beach Road and beyond. If fine sand and fun-in-the-sun are what you are after, Pattaya Beach is the place to be. There are all sorts of thrill-seeking activities from speedboats, parasails to diving boats and floating restaurants. You, and your family, are sure to have a good time.
Aside from Pattaya’s beautiful beaches, the city has several other attractions that are fun for the whole family:
- Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden is a 500-acre botanical garden and tourist attraction.
- The Teddy Bear Museum is a creative place with a large collection of teddy bears.
- Pattaya’s Floating Market is another fun way to spend the afternoon. From souvenir vendors to food stalls you can spend your time shopping while floating along the canal.
- Mini Siam is a miniature park featuring small-scale replicas of buildings and structures from Thailand and beyond.
- If you want to spend your time playing in the water then Cartoon Network Amazone is the place. With 10 themed zones of waterslides and pools, there is something for everyone.
- Pattaya’s UnderWater World is the largest and most modern ocean aquarium in Asia. Home to over 200 species you will see exotic, marine and freshwater fish on display up close.
- More family fun includes the world famous Ripley’s Believe It or Not which contains over 300 exhibits sure to amaze. This walkthrough attraction contains enough oddities to boggle your mind and make you question if truth is stranger than fiction.
- Koh Larn (Coral Island) to a short boat ride see the beautiful beaches and coral formations.
Why EZ Ride Thailand?
EZ Ride Thailand is the best way to get from Bangkok’s busy Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya and here is why. Your vacation time is precious and time is money. Yes, you may save a small amount if you catch a bus but it will take much longer and it will not bring you directly to your hotel. Instead, you will be dropped off at one of the bus stops and you will need to find another ride to your hotel on your own. Opportunistic taxis drivers prey on people in this situation. Buses often have several stops along the way and you will also be sharing the ride with several other travelers while hoping no one is coughing or sneezing.
The benefit of EZ Ride Thailand is that a driver to meet you at the airport and bring you straight to your hotel. He or she will help you with your bags and get you right to your hotel. Basically, your vacation will start sooner! It’s fast, simple and very affordable. Go to the rates section of our website to see what vehicle is right for you.